During his studies, José Gabriel was President of the IEEE robotics team for UCAB winning National and International IEEE Robotics Contest. The Team ROA-UCAB Became the First Venezuelan team in participate in Competing in international robotics contests.
He has experience as Project Manager and Development Coordinator in different Research and Start-ups Companies and part-time professor of Embedded System Design at the Universidad Católica Andrés Bello.
His previous research includes:
- Indoor location and Guidance System for blind people, using Wireless Sensor Network (WSN). (Prototype implemented in Metro de Madrid).
- Real time inventory tracking and cold chain control in industries using RFID and WSN technologies (Prototype implemented at the national distribution center of a Major Latin America Distribution company)
He is finalizing his PhD Studies within LifeSTech and have been contributing in the research projects EU H2020 PULSE(GA- 727816) and ACRORSSIG (GA- 676157) and currently is working on the projects:
- Vojext – GA 952197: aims to provide a favourable business and technological framework to enable matchmaking and encourage producers and adopters of Cognitive autonomous systems for human-robot interaction.
- WeldGalaxy – GA 822106: a B2B online Platform that brings together global buyers and EU sellers of welding equipment along with auxiliaries/consumables and services.
- Pharmaledger – GA 853992: wich amis to provide a widely trusted platform that will support the design and adoption of blockchain-enabled healthcare solutions while accelerating delivery of innovation that will benefit the entire ecosystem, from manufacturers to patients.