Life Supporting Technologies (LifeSTech) is a leading research group in Technical University of Madrid (UPM) focused on the creation and promotion of new ideas, methods and technological solutions based on ICT (Information & Communication Technologies) throughout the value chain of e-Health and e-Inclusion related organizations. LifeSTech design, develop and evaluate innovative digital solutions based on AI/ML, Big Data, Robotics, BlockChain, IoT and Virtual Reality among others.
In compliance with current legislation on data protection, we inform you that the personal data of participants in the project will be treated in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 of the European Parliament in application since May 25th 2018.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA?
LifeSTech will be responsible for the data collected and their treatment.
HOW WILL PERSONAL DATA BE TREATED?
LifeSTech will treat personal data using the highest standards to maintain privacy in accordance with the law, ethics and transparency. The data will be restricted for the purposes mentioned below. Only email information will be collected under explicit authorisation of the user. The user may modify or remove their data at any moment.
WHICH IS THE PURPOSE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION?
Personal data is processed with the aim of working on solutions with technologies for the better quality of life and care. The purpose of the treatment is to carry out the management of stakeholder interested in LifeSTech activities. Likewise, the data may be processed to develop Life Supporting Technologies’ own dissemination activities or to send information about participation in the project to project users.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS THAT LEGITIMIZES THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
WHO CAN BE THE CONSIGNEE OR RECEIVER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data will not be transferred to other members of UPM, no Partners of LifeSTech, always limiting its usage to the purpose justified, as well as the assignments provided for in applicable legislation. No personal data will be transferred to third parties beyond those mentioned.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The data provided will be kept for as long as the interested party does not request its right of suppression.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In the terms and with the limitations established in chapter III of the GDPR, you have the right to:
- Be informed about the processing of your personal data at the time they are obtained.
- Obtain confirmation of whether or not your personal data is being processed and, if so, the right of access to them.
- Obtain without undue delay, the rectification of personal data that are inaccurate or to complete incomplete data.
- Obtain without undue delay the deletion of your personal data.
- Obtain the limitation of the processing of your data.
- Obtain the portability of your personal data with the limitations provided in article 20 of the GDPR.
- Oppose the processing of your personal data.
- Not be the subject of an individual decision based solely on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling, which produces legal effects or significantly affects it in a similar way, except in the cases permitted by law.
In accordance with article 19 of the GDPR, we commit to communicate any rectification or deletion of personal data or limitation of treatment to each of the recipients to whom they have been communicated, unless it is impossible or requires a disproportionate effort.
HOW CAN YOU EXECUTE YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Rescinding subscriptions can be automatically enacted through this link: https://lists.lst.tfo.upm.es/wws/signoff/dissemination-lst
HOW IS THIS POLICY UPDATED?
LifeSTech reserves the right to modify this Policy in order to adapt it to new legislation, jurisprudential criteria, practices of the sector, or proclamation by UPM. Any modification in it will be announced with due notice, so that the updated information of its content is perfectly known.